After participating in a comprehensive interview process, the Elementary Principal Search and Selection Committee made a unanimous recommendation to hire Mr. Robert (Bob) Winters for the Elementary Principal position, beginning with the start of the 2015-2016 school year.
The committee comprised of administrators, teachers, classified staff members and parents facilitated a full-day process that included several components in an effort to identify a candidate that would best fit our elementary school. Some examples of the feedback gathered throughout the process included:
- When asked about the quality of the candidates, one committee member stated, “I’m impressed by the accomplishments of each candidate. However, Bob’s 30 years of elementary teaching and administrative experience stood out for me. This was an important consideration for our staff as well.”
- Another committee member leading school tours for each candidate stated, “I loved watching how he connected with our students!”
- Parents who participated in the Community Forum later in the evening used words such as knowledgeable, experienced, passionate, sincere, genuine, and enthusiastic to describe Bob’s presence.
- Following the meeting, one parent stated, “He has a broad array of teaching and administrative experiences – internationally, rural communities, Washington State, Alaska… Our community will appreciate his background and experience.”
- Another parent chimed in by stating, “I appreciated his confident, yet humble demeanor. Combined, they make him a great fit.”
Please join me in welcoming Bob Winters as our next Methow Valley Elementary Principal! We will be inviting each of you to participate in a “Meet and Greet the New Principal” in August.