Staff and parents are encouraged to apply by 5 p.m. on October 1, 2015 for consideration to serve on the MV Schools Technology Committee.
- Investigate new technologies that foster 21st Century skills in students, teachers and administrators;
- Assess the needs of the district to identify specific goals/targets for technology upgrade, acquisition, integration and support;
- Review the current District Technology Plan to identify and prioritize issues related to target areas;
- Draft recommendations in support of how to allocate technology levy funds associated with infrastructure, integration, innovation, and professional development; and
- Develop the 2016-2020 District Technology Plan defining our future vision of technology integration and usage.
Basis for Establishment:
The current capital projects technology levy on a four year cycle, which provides funding for technology infrastructure improvements, staffing, professional development, and innovative learning will expire in 2016. A replacement capital projects technology levy to renew the expiring levy will be on the ballot on February 9, 2016.
Responsibilities of Committee Members:
- Serve as a key communicator and liaison to stakeholder groups.
- Be an active participant and learner, committed to attending all meetings for the current school year.
- Actively solicit and provide input from stakeholders to guide committee’s work.
- Participate in cycle of research, analysis, recommendation and implementation.
Committee members will meet weekly Tuesdays, October 6 through November 10, then bi-monthly through May 24, 2016.
To learn more about this group, open positions and the timeline for completing this work, please read the Technology Committee Charter. To apply for consideration to serve on this committee, please complete the Committee Application Form using one of the links below.
Questions? Please contact Drew Simmons at (509) 996-2186 (ext 270 or 170)