Staff and parents are encouraged to apply by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, October 6, 2015 for consideration to serve on the MV Schools Highly Capable Learning Advisory Committee.
The purpose of the group is to:
- Learn about state requirements for identifying Highly Capable Learners and appropriate programming that meets the needs of these students;
- Make recommendations to district leaders about policies regarding Highly Capable Learners;
- Identify common needs and goals among the parents and teachers of students identified as Highly Capable;
- Provide monthly district updates to parents regarding current Highly Capable Learner topics;
- Bring to the district’s attention existing and emerging issues expressed by parents at MVES and Liberty Bell Schools; and
- Serve as an advisory body that provides thought partnership and contributes to effective problem solving regarding Highly Capable Learners.
Basis for Establishment:
- Increase opportunities for families across our district to provide insight and collaborate around topics relevant to students identified as Highly Capable.
- To continue to provide feedback on the implementation of the Highly Capable Learners Program.
Committee members will need to be available for approximately eight monthly meetings (Tuesdays, 4:30-6:30 p.m.) beginning October 13.
To learn more about this group, open positions and the timeline for completing this work, please read the Highly Capable Learning Advisory Committee Charter. To apply for consideration to serve on this committee, please complete the Committee Application Form using one of the links below.
- Complete Committee Application Form online
- Download/print Committee Application Form (Return to Department of Teaching and Learning, 18 Twin Lakes Road, Winthrop, 98862)
Questions? Please contact Anne Andersen at (509) 996-2186 (ext 270) on Mondays/Thursdays or (509) 996-2215 (ext 170) on Tuesdays/Wednesdays