With a focus on ensuring the safety of our students, staff, parents, and community, the Methow Valley School District is launching Project Safe and Secure. As such, MVSD is launching a district-wide Emergency Response Planning (ERP) Committee.
The standing committee, led by Bud Hover, Director of Operations, will work with the guidance and support of the NCESD Crisis Management Co-Op and in partnership with local law enforcement, fire, and first responder agencies, students, parents, staff, and community members to accomplish the following goals:
- Promote open lines of pro-active communication regarding safety concerns using Safe Alert – Safe Alert is a software tool that allows anyone (students, staff, parents, community members) to anonymously report information of concern, alerting staff and, if appropriate, law enforcement to potential issues and threats to the safety of themselves and/or others.
- Develop and coordinate the regular review our protocols, periodically updates the plan as needed, and facilitates staff, student, and parent training sessions.
- Initiate the implementation of an electronic mapping and communication system (Rapid Responder) that will electronically link our schools with law enforcement and first responders.
- Design and implement an annual practice schedule and scenarios for all staff.
- Facilitate a debriefing process following each event (practice/real) to ensure our plan and practices remain current.
- Facilitate parent-training sessions and provide parents with electronic access to the MVSD ERP to ensure parents understand their role and responsibilities.
- Recommend related facilities improvements (phone systems, card-lock security systems, bus emergency kits, etc.…) to support the successful implementation of the emergency response plan.
- Engage in other activities as recommended by the NCESD Crisis Co-Op and/or law enforcement, fire, and first responder agencies that improve our ability to maintain a safe and secure campus.
To learn more, please visit the Project Safe & Secure Emergency Response Planning Committee page.
If you are interested in participating, please complete an application and submit it to Chris Eckstrom at the district office no later than Monday, February 13, 2017.
Questions about the committee? Please contact Bud Hover, MVSD Director of Operations at (509) 997-2113.