Working within the framework of an aspirational “Strategic Vision”, a vision defined by the development of curious, creative, competent, compassionate, action-oriented students who graduate prepared to change the world, the Methow Valley School District is formally accepting applications from exceptional candidates who wish to be considered for the position of Liberty Bell Jr-Sr High School Principal.
After 14 years of dedicated service in support of the students, staff, parents, and community members who call the Methow Valley home, Deborah DeKalb has announced her plan to retire at the end of the 2018-19 school year. Ms. DeKalb leaves behind a legacy – a legacy defined by many highlights, some of which include:
- The development of a coherent “System of Exceptional Teaching and Learning” defined by it’s recent International Baccalaureate World School designation
- The establishment of an “Innovative and Flexible” competency-based approach to teaching and learning endorsed by the Washington State Board of Education, affiliated with Big Picture Learning
- A caring, compassionate approach to “Family and Community Engagement” through the formation of a Student and Family Support Services team focused on ensuring all students succeed at high levels
- Consistent top twenty rankings by U.S. New and World Report during the past six years
- Recent North America Advanced Placement Honor Roll Honors
- 96% on-time graduation rate average during the past six years
- 85% post-secondary acceptance rate average during the past six years
Exceptional candidates wishing to be considered for the Liberty Jr-Sr High School Principal position are encouraged to submit their application no later than Friday, January 18, 2019. An online application can be accessed from our Employment page.
Questions regarding the position, selection process, timeline, and/or application procedures can be directed to Patty Barker, Executive Secretary of the Methow Valley School District at email@example.com or (509) 996-9205.