Greetings Class of 2020 Families!
We’re writing to inform you of an adjustment to our commencement ceremony, as well as provide additional graduation details.
With the health and safety of our community in mind and based on the most recent recommendations from the Governor’s Office, State Superintendent’s Office, and the Department of Health we’re pivoting to a drive-through commencement ceremony on June 5th. Details are listed below:
- Awarding of diplomas will begin once the parade procession reaches Liberty Bell (approximately 6 p.m.).
- Graduates will be presented with their diplomas as their vehicle pauses at the front entrance to Liberty Bell.
- Passengers will be required to stay in their vehicles.
- The awarding of diplomas will be live-streamed on Liberty Bell’s Instagram and
- Speeches by Valedictorian Ali Palm, Salutatorian Maya Sheely, and staff speaker Katie
Leuthauser will be posted to social media on Thursday, June 4th.
- The Senior Slideshow will be posted to social media at 5 p.m. on Thursday, June 4th.
- On Thursday, June 4th from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. graduates are invited to stop by Liberty Bell
to have complimentary professional graduation pictures taken with immediate family members.
- Make sure to wear your cap, gown, and graduation flair.
- MVSD will cover the cost of one individual graduate photo and one family photo. You will also have the opportunity to purchase additional photos.
- Graduates will pick up their senior gift bag from the Class of 2020 parents AND a special gift bag from LBHS/ILC (yearbook, scholarships, awards, and other surprises). You DO NOT want to miss this!
- Upon arrival, you will be asked to remain in your vehicle until receiving directions from MVSD staff.
We look forward to celebrating with you on June 4th and 5th! Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Congratulations Class of 2020!
Principal, Liberty Bell High School
Principal, Independent Learning Center