Dear Methow Valley Students, Parents, and Community Members,
Each week, thanks in large part to a selfless team of community members who served as Learning Pod Instructors and Advisors, we had between 50-75 elementary-age students at MVE, engaged in art, science, outdoor games, snowshoeing, joining class meetings and reading books during the past eight weeks.
As such, we’d like to send out a special thanks to our advisors, guest instructors, and organizational partners:
- Hilary Kaltenbach and PSFA for making this all possible!
- Mia Sundstrom and Classroom in Bloom for offering weekly garden time
- Ashley Lodato and Methow Arts for weekly art instruction
- John Crandall and the Methow Salmon Recovery Foundation for facilitating a 6th grade unit on Salmon
- Julie Nelson and the Methow Beaver Project for facilitating a 3rd grade unit on Beavers
- Aspen Kvicala and Methow Recycles for facilitating a 4th grade waste audit at MVE
- Our many Community-based Advisors
Additional thanks goes out to Anne Young and Bo Thrasher for their help with curriculum planning.
And, finally, last but not least, thanks to the MVSD school administrators, secretarial staff, bus drivers, meal services team, and custodial staff for all the behind the scenes support.
It truly takes a village to make enriching learning experiences like this one come together. Thank you again for being an essential part of this village!
MVSD Family and Community Engagement Coordinator