March is International Women’s Month, and here at Liberty Bell we’ll be celebrating women who work in the trades! Throughout the month of March there will be opportunities for ALL students to explore career pathways and training programs related to skilled trades.
Each week 7th-12th grade students are invited to come to the Library during lunch to watch videos from the Women in Skilled Trades Experience, which includes stories from women working in a variety of careers and highlights how Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM) skills are important for work in a range of industries. Use the links below to watch the videos at home on your remote days!
Here’s the full schedule for the lunchtime video series in the LBHS Library:
- Tuesday, March 2, 12pm – Science (Forestry, Agriculture, Medical Science)
- Thursday, March 11, 12pm – Technology (Automotive Repair, Industrial Welding, Electrical)
- Tuesday, March 16, 12pm – Engineering (Mechanical Engineering, Construction & Sustainable Development)
- Friday, March 26, 12pm – Art (Manufacturing, Hairdressing, Graphic Design)
- Tuesday, March 30, 12pm – Math (Carpentry, Formwork & Surveying)
If you have questions or if you’d like to learn more about careers in the trades, please email Beth Anderson, College and Career Advisor or contact her by phone at (509) 996-2215, x4175.