Dear Methow Valley Students, Parents, and Community Members,
As a school district that has been providing in-person instruction since September, I’m pleased to announce that OSPI recently approved the MVSD’s “Flexible Learning Options” Recovery Plan, enabling the district to access several hundred thousand dollars in federal stimulus funding.
How will we decide how to invest these dollars? Where do we begin?
It begins with you. Last winter, during the MVSD’s “Dream Big Event”, students, parents, staff, and community members alike participated in a collaborative process designed to clarify our vision, beliefs and values. Equipped with the information we received from you, we are prepared to take action in preparation for the 2021-22 school year, investing in what we value.
What does action look like?
With a focus on maximizing all available funding sources, this includes a strategic investment of federal, state, and local funding into:
- The expansion of pathways toward graduation and beyond through expanded course offerings, community-based internships, and student-initiated projects.
- Expanded opportunities for students to access academic tutoring, high quality childcare services, and enriching clubs and activities.
- Increased staffing, resulting in reduced class sizes at all three schools.
- High quality resources, materials, and industry-standard technology in support of teaching and learning.
- Increased opportunities for all staff to participate in ongoing, job-embedded forms of professional development.
- A series of facility improvements designed to accommodate continued growth in student enrollment.
I look forward to sharing more detailed information at all points along the way as we prepare for the 2021-22 school year!
Superintendent, Methow Valley School District