Today, the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association, Dairy Farmers of Washington, and Les Schwab Tires announced the names of the Academic State Champions for the 2021 fall sports season with the Liberty Bell’s Girls Soccer team taking top honors with a combined GPA of 3.852.
- The Cross Country team earned an Outstanding Team Award for GPAs of 3.776 (Boys) and 3.925 (Girls).
- The Football and Volleyball teams are also to be commended for earning the Distinguished Team Award for a GPA between 3.00 and 3.49.
The Scholastic Awards Program recognizes the team with the highest grade point average among all Washington high schools in their enrollment classification. Qualifications include:
- Any team/group with an average GPA (based on a 4.0 scale) of 3.0 or higher qualifies.
- A team with an average GPA (based on a 4.0 scale) of 3.00-3.49 qualifies for the Distinguished Team Award.
- A team with an average GPA (based on a 4.0 scale) of 3.50-4.00 qualifies for the Outstanding Team Award.
- The team/group with the highest average GPA for its activities and classification is recognized as Academic State Champion.
- To qualify for Academic State Champions, a varsity team must include all students who participated in a sport or activity at the varsity level.
The winning teams will be presented with a special plaque at the upcoming WIAA, Dairy Farmers of Washington, Les Schwab Tires State Championship.
Please join us as we congratulate the Liberty Bell Girls Soccer, Cross Country, Volleyball and Football teams, coaches, staff, and their parents for their outstanding performance on the field, trail, court, and in the classroom!