Cub Clubs are seasonal enrichment clubs based at MV Elementary for Grades 1-6. These after-school clubs are offered free of charge, thanks to funding assistance from the Public School Funding Alliance! Most are run in partnership with our generous and talented community groups and volunteers including: Methow Arts, The Merc Theater, Classroom in Bloom, Methow Nordic, The Winthrop Ice and Sports Rink, MV Flyfishers, Methow Recycles and MV Riding Unlimited.
Please let us know if you’re interested in helping with any of these clubs or you have another club idea you’d like to explore. Contact Katharine Bill, (509) 341-4210.
Fall Clubs include Art Club, Garden Club, Soccer Club (registration now closed) and Yoga Club. All clubs, except Soccer, start the week of September 16.
Additional Clubs will be offered in late fall (starting in November). These may include Homework Club, Art, Yoga (for upper grades), History and Chess.
- All clubs run from 3:20 – 5:00 p.m. and are offered in addition to our After School Childcare Program, which occurs daily for grades K-6.
- Please let us know if your child will be absent – we take attendance each afternoon.
- Bus service is available to Winthrop (Red Barn) and Twisp (Community Center) at 5 p.m.
- The bus usually arrives at approximately 5:10 p.m. in Winthrop and 5:25 p.m. in Twisp.
|Yoga Club • Grades 1-3
September 16 – October 21
|Art Club • Grades 4-6
September 18 – October 23
|Garden Club • Grades 2-4
September 19 – October 25
• Grades 4-6
• Wednesdays, September 18 – October 23, 2019
• Led by Bruce Morrison & Katharine Bill
Students will focus on outdoor art themes and creating art outdoors as long as the weather allows.
• Grades 2-4
• Thursdays, September 19 – October 25, 2019
• Led by Classroom in Bloom
Students will learn about garden systems and help with harvest and fall planting, and learn about healthy foods and cooking.
• Grades 1-3
• Mondays, September 16 – October 21, 2019
• Led by Lisa Whatley
“Kids Surrender Yoga” will focus on building strength, self-control and coordination.
After School Childcare Program
This high-quality, daily program serves children in grades K – 6, and includes a healthy snack, art projects, games and activities.
There is a great deal of research showing the value of after-school programs for increasing student morale and engagement in school, and we can see the sparkling enthusiasm in the eyes of so many students who look forward to their various after-school activities.
For more information, please visit our After School Childcare Program page.