We are thrilled to offer a range of clubs and activities designed for students in grades 7-12, offered free of charge, thanks to funding support from the Public School Funding Alliance.
Led by knowledgeable and conscientious community members, these high interest clubs will provide LBHS and ILC students with opportunities to try new activities or refine existing skills, all in a safe, supportive, and fun environment.
Whether inside or out, these clubs will be conducted with the importance of social distancing firmly in mind in order to keep all participants safe and protect our community.
- With the exception of Wednesday clubs, all activities will start at 3:30 p.m. and wrap-up around 5:00 p.m.
- Bus service is available to Winthrop (Red Barn) and Twisp (Community Center). This bus arrives in Winthrop at approximately 5:15 p.m. and in Twisp at approximately 5:25 p.m.
- Attendance is not mandatory on all days each club is being offered; please indicate your desired days of attendance when you register and remain in regular communication with your club advisor regarding your ability to participate.
Questions? Please contact LBHS Activities Director, Michael Wilbur.
Mountain Lion Club Descriptions
• ART CLUB (Monday & Thursday, after school)
Love to make art and want a chance to practice while learning new techniques and styles? Kayla White will be leading Art Club, starting on December 7th, meeting in Mr. Brooks’ room. Sign-up for Art Club!
• GAMES CLUB (Monday & Thursday, after school)
Choose from a variety of game playing options, including cards, role playing, strategy and more. Starts November 30th with Monday sessions in the library. Sign-up for Games Club!
• AV CLUB (Tuesday & Thursday, after school)
Practice photography and filmmaking with Mr. Terry Hunt. Sign-up for AV Club!
• COOKING CLUB (Tuesday & Thursday, after school)
Learn cooking techniques while making (and eating) delicious dishes. Sign-ups reopening in January!
• DRAMA CLUB (Tuesday & Thursday, after school)
Calling all those who love theater and drama! This club will give you a chance to hone your acting skills with Mr. Grayum in a fun and safe environment. Starts December 1st and meets in Mr. Grayum’s room. Sign-up for Drama Club!
• OUTDOOR SURVIVAL CLUB (Wednesdays, 2-4 p.m.)
Get outside with Erik Strand to develop survival skills; this is a great option for students who like to challenge themselves outdoors in a safe and well-supported manner. Starts December 2nd. Sign-up for Outdoor Survival Club!