We are thrilled to offer a range of clubs and activities designed for students in grades 7-12 this fall, offered free of charge, thanks to funding support from the Public School Funding Alliance.
Led by knowledgeable and conscientious community members, these high interest clubs will provide LBHS and ILC students with opportunities to try new activities or refine existing skills, all in a safe, supportive, and fun environment. Conducted almost exclusively outside, our fall clubs have been selected with social distancing in mind and will take place after school on the MVSD Campus.
- Clubs begin the week of September 14th and end the week of November 16th, except AV Production and Fiction Writing, which will run throughout the school year.
- All Clubs will start at 3:30 p.m. and wrap-up around 5:00 p.m.
- Bus service is available to Winthrop (Red Barn) and Twisp (Community Center). This bus arrives in Winthrop at approximately 5:15 p.m. and in Twisp at approximately 5:25 p.m.
- Attendance is not mandatory on all days each club is being offered; please indicate your desired days of attendance when you register and remain in regular communication with your club advisor regarding your ability to participate.
Questions? Please contact LBHS Activities Director, Michael Wilbur.
• Archery Club (Mon, Fri)
Want to learn about archery? Here’s your chance! Sign up for archery club, led by Coach Liam Daily and learn about the technique, all about the history of archery, and of course, shoot some arrows!
• Audiovisual Production Club (Tues, Thurs)
Interested in filming, editing video, telling stories through film, mixing in music, taking photographs, or all of the above? Join AV Production Club for a chance to build these skills alongside other LBHS students, all under the guidance of Mr. Terry Hunt.
• Disc Golf (Mon-Fri)
Be among the first to play on our soon-to-be installed LBHS disc golf course. Learn the basics or refine your throwing technique with Coach Phil Quevillon, and get out to have a great time throwing disc on our beautiful campus.
• Fiction Workshop (Mon, Thurs)
Read and discuss short stories and engage in free-writing exercises as you build to crafting written pieces of your own, all in a safe and supportive environment facilitated by Will Long, MFA. In Will’s own words, “The ultimate goal of the after-school writing program is to help students develop their skills as writers and read
• Mountain Biking Club (Tues-Thurs)
Take to the trails in the Methow with our Mountain Biking Club. Led by Hans Scholz, this club will offer students the chance to bus to local trails after school for some great riding and (socially distant!) camaraderie!
• Old School Strength and Conditioning (Mon-Fri, every other Wed)
Join Clare Painter for some “Old School” training techniques this fall. In this 10-week program, you’ll improve your functional movements, cardio fitness, and learn how to maintain your body while building strength and mobility. You’ll be using rocks, tires, logs and other old school training equipment to find an edge on the competition and become a more well-rounded athlete! Clare is a level 2 CrossFit certified trainer, accomplished Spartan Obstacle Course racer, and Season 1 winner on the reality TV show American Grit.
• Olympic Weightlifting Club (Mon-Fri)
Learn the fundamentals of Olympic Weightlifting, a great way to build strength, explosiveness, proprioception and balance. All levels welcome, from novices to experienced lifters. Leading this club will be Michael Wilbur and Jeremiah Wicken.