We are thrilled to offer a range of clubs and activities designed for students in grades 7-12, offered free of charge, thanks to funding support from the Public School Funding Alliance.
Led by knowledgeable and conscientious community members, these high interest clubs will provide LBHS and ILC students with opportunities to try new activities or refine existing skills, all in a safe, supportive, and fun environment.
Whether inside or out, these clubs will be conducted with the importance of social distancing firmly in mind in order to keep all participants safe and protect our community.
- With the exception of Wednesday clubs, all activities will start at 3:30 p.m. and wrap-up around 5:00 p.m.
- Bus service is available to Winthrop (Red Barn) and Twisp (Community Center). This bus arrives in Winthrop at approximately 5:15 p.m. and in Twisp at approximately 5:25 p.m.
- Attendance is not mandatory on all days each club is being offered; please indicate your desired days of attendance when you register and remain in regular communication with your club advisor regarding your ability to participate.
Questions? Please contact LBHS Activities Director, Michael Wilbur.
Mountain Lion Club Descriptions
• NEW! ACRYLIC POUR PAINTING (Mondays, February 22nd – March 29th, after school)
Led by Katie Paz, this fun and accessible painting process that produces fantastic results, even for those who don’t consider themselves to be artistically gifted! Involving the mixing of acrylic paint with a pouring medium, paint is spread over a canvas in one of a number of ways. Students will learn many of these techniques, including: smooshy, swipe, dirty pour, flip cup and tree ring. Meeting in room 115, work in the Art Room.
Sign-up for Pour Painting Club!
• NEW! CHESS CLUB (Tuesdays from February 23rd, after school)
Led by Janice Dickinson, Chess Club will meet weekly in the LBHS Library. Learn the fundamentals of chess and challenge yourself against other Liberty Bell players in a fun and supportive environment! All levels and all players welcome.
Sign-up for Chess Club!
• NEW! SELF DEFENSE (Thursdays, February 25th – April 1st, after school)
Learn the fundamentals of throwing a meaningful punch, balanced stance, and effective guard. Six weeks of confidence building, connection and cardio. Meeting in the Wrestling Room, above the Eagle Gym at MVE.
Sign-up for Self Defense Club!
• GAMES CLUB (Mondays & Thursdays, after school)
Choose from a variety of game playing options, including cards, role playing, strategy and more. Starts November 30th with Monday sessions in the library.
Sign-up for Games Club!
• AV CLUB (Tuesdays & Thursdays, after school)
Practice photography and filmmaking with Mr. Terry Hunt.
Sign-up for AV Club!
• COOKING CLUB (Tuesdays & Thursdays, after school)
Learn cooking techniques while making (and eating) delicious dishes. This Club is full.