Lion’s Den Reopening Plan
The following plan has been developed with the intention of safely reopening the Lion’s Den Fitness Center, providing students and staff with the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of exercise and physical training. All previous rules and guidelines remain in place. In order to protect the safety and well being of students, staff and the community, the following procedures will be followed at all times:
- Upon arrival, all athletes will be required to check in with the supervisor to perform a health screening or to provide evidence of a completed health screening via Skyward.
- Any student or staff member with COVID symptoms will be asked to leave immediately and will need to have a negative test or quarantine for 10 days before returning.
Distancing & Masking
- Use of the space wil be limited to no more than 6 students/staff at a time, with at least one staff member or MVSD approved volunteer supervisor on hand.
- The Lions Den will be divided into four distinct zones, with no more than two students per zone at any time.
- Students and staff will maintain 6 feet of distance from other athletes at all times.
- Masks will be worn at all times by all users of the space.
Sanitizing & Ventilation
- Hand sanitizer will be available in locations throughout the facility, and students/staff will sanitize hands upon entering and exiting, as well as during their training at regular intervals
- Buckeye E-62 sanitizer will be available in spray bottles for student/staff use, with rags available at all times, students/staff will sanitize equipment before and after use.
- Fans will be set up at both ends of the Lions Den, positioned in open doorways.
Scheduling & Tracking
- Staff members/volunteer supervisors will track attendance of Lion’s Den users, utilizing an attendance log that will be kept in the space with records maintained for a minimum of two weeks.
- Activities Director Michael Wilbur will maintain a schedule which students/staff can use to sign up for time slots–use of the facility will be limited to 1 hour/day, with complete turnover on the hour.
- Students/staff are responsible for their own gear–no sharing of water bottles or any other personal equipment will be allowed.
- In accordance with established rules, no food or drink (with the exception of water) will be allowed in the Lion’s Den.