If you are interested in participating, please complete the Committee Application Form, found on the District Committee Charter page, and submit online or to the District Office, no later than Friday, January 18, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
Upcoming Meeting Agenda & Minutes
Search and Selection Committee Charter 2018-19
Working within the districts vision, the Methow Valley School District aspires to involve all interested stakeholders in a transparent and inclusive process, to identify and consider exceptional candidates for the Liberty Bell Jr-Sr High principal position.
Basis for Establishment:
To ensure the facilitation of a transparent and inclusive process that results in the selection of Liberty Bell Jr-Sr High’s next principal.
Release time, if needed and food for mid day meetings
- Family and community involvement plays a critical role in a student’s academic and social/emotional development.
- Learning begins at an early age and continues throughout one’s life.
- Students learn best using a balanced approach to teaching and learning.
- Every student is exceptional and capable of fulfilling their full potential.
- In the development of the whole child.
- Diversity makes our community stronger.
- We can’t do it alone. We can do it together!
Responsibilities of Committee Members:
- Serve as a key communicator and liaison to stakeholder groups.
- Be an active participant and learner, committed to attending all meetings.
- Actively solicit and provide input from stakeholders to guide committee’s work.
- Participate in cycle of research, analysis and recommendation
- Identify a top candidate for the Liberty Bell Principal position and make a recommendation to the superintendent.
- Committee members gather research and feedback from stakeholders.
- Committee members facilitate interview process.
- Committee makes recommendations to the superintendent.
Plan of Work Timeline:
The District Search and Selection Committee will consist of the following members. Selected committee members may fill one or more roles throughout the process.
- Anne Andersen, Director of Teaching and Learning: IB curriculum and Instruction, Committee Co-Chair
- Drew: Simmons, Director of Teaching and Learning: Technology, CTE, and State/Federal Programs, Committee Co-Chair
- Kim Odell, ILC/Big Picture Administrative Intern
- Liberty Bell Leadership Team Members
- 2 Certificated Staff Members, Grades 7-9
- 2 Certificated Staff Members, Grades 10-12
- 1 Certificated Staff Member, ILC
- 2 Classified Staff Members, K-12
- 1-2 Students, Grades 7-12
- 2 Parent Members
- 2 Community Members/Educational Partners
Ex-officio members include:
- Tom Venable, Superintendent
- 1-2 Members of the Board of Directors
If you have any questions about the work of the committee, process, or timelines, please contact Patty Barker, Executive Secretary of the Methow Valley School District at firstname.lastname@example.org or (509) 996-9205.