If you are interested in participating, please complete the Committee Application Form, found on the District Committee Charter page, and submit online or to the District Office
Meeting Notes & Upcoming Meeting Agenda
Thursday, April 18, 2019
3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
MVES Professional Development Center
MVES Family and Community Engagement Committee Charter
- Establish MVES Family and Community Engagement Framework.
- Increase opportunities for continuous, two-way communication between the home and the school focused on increasing academic success and social-emotional well being of every student.
- Collaboratively design and promote the implementation of new tools and strategies (K-6 Report Card, Progress Report, Individualized Learning Plan, Student Portfolios, Take-Home Folders, Conferencing, etc.) aimed at increasing student and parent understandings of their child’s academic and social-emotional progress and performance and their next steps.
- Effectively communicate all aspects of the instructional program as it relates to the district’s vision of creating curious, creative, compassionate, competent, action-oriented citizens that graduate prepared to pursue a wide range of postsecondary options and identify opportunities for increased parent and community participation.
Advisory – Committee members will solicit input from a variety of stakeholders to create recommendations focused on strengthening the partnership between the schools and our parents and community members. Recommendations will be submitted to the superintendent.
Basis for Establishment:
A shared desire that exists between parents, community members, and school staff to establish a coherent framework that:
- Increases family and community engagement in the learning process.
- Increases opportunities for on-going, two-way communication between the home and the school.
- Utilizes tools and strategies (report cards, progress reports, portfolios, student exhibitions, etc.) that enable parents to better support their child’s academic and social-emotional learning and development as a responsible citizen.
Committee Member Responsibilities:
- Regular meeting attendance
- Respectful and collaborative approach toward others
- Solicit stakeholder input from members of the Technology, HCLP, IEP/504, Math, and Literacy committees, MVSD Teacher Leader Team, MVEA, and PSE.
Time & Location:
The next meeting is Wednesday, March 20th, 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. in the MVES Professional Development Center
The District Calendar Committee will consist of the following members:
- Bob Winters, MVES Principal – Co-Chair
- Katharine Bill, Family and Community Engagement Coordinator – Co-Chair
- Catie Barber, IT Integration Specialist
- Leanne Lafferty, IEP/504 Services
- Open – MVES Teacher Representative (Preschool)
- Open – MVES Teacher Representative (K – 3)
- Jennifer Duguay, MVES Teacher Representative (4 – 6)
- Open – MVES Para-educator Representative
- Rachel Macmojrran, MVES Parent Representative (K – 3)
- Shannon Polson, MVES Parent Representative (K – 3)
- Open – MVES Parent Representative (4 – 6)
- Open – Community Partner, Advisory
- Tom Venable, Superintendent
- Mary Anne Quigley, MVSD Board Member
Decision Making Process:
Make recommendation(s) to the MVSD superintendent for review and final approval.
- Provide substitutes for staff as needed.
- Submit related “Enhancement Requests” as part of the MVSD Budget Development Process.
If you have any questions about the work of the committee, process, or timelines, please contact Tom Venable, MVSD Superintendent at email@example.com or (509) 996-9205.