2017-2020 Technology Plan
Technology Committee Charter
- Integration of technology tools and skills are a part of learning not an add on
- Family and community involvement plays a critical role in a student’s academic and social/emotional development
- Learning begins at an early age and continues throughout one’s life
- Students learn best using a balanced approach to teaching and learning
- Every student is exceptional and capable of fulfilling their full potential
- In the development of the whole child
- Diversity makes our community stronger
- We can’t do it alone. We can do it together!
- Investigate new technologies that foster 21st Century skills in students, teachers and administrators;
- Assess the needs of the district to identify specific goals/targets for technology upgrade, acquisition, integration and support;
- Review the current District Technology Plan to identify and prioritize issues related to target areas;
- Draft recommendations in support of how to allocate technology levy funds associated with infrastructure, integration, innovation, and professional development; and
- Develop the 2017-2020 District Technology Plan defining our future vision of technology integration and usage.
Basis for Establishment:
Voters have approved a replacement capital projects technology levy on a four year time frame, which provides funding for technology infrastructure improvements, staffing, professional development, and innovative learning. The tech committee is making a recommendation for how the details of the plan are carried out over the next four years.
Responsibilities of Committee Members:
- Serve as a key communicator and liaison to stakeholder groups.
- Be an active participant and learner, committed to attending all meetings for the current school year.
- Actively solicit and provide input from stakeholders to guide committee’s work.
- Participate in cycle of research, analysis, recommendation and implementation.
Time & Location:Thursday, 7-8 a.m. in the Liberty Bell Library, 18 Twin Lakes Rd
Committee members will meet monthly on November 17, 2016 through May 1, 2017.
Ad hoc subcommittees may meet more frequently as needed.
Decision Making Process:
- Recommend 2017-2020 District Technology Plan four year time line to the superintendent.
- Recommend job descriptions for tech support/ maintenance and coaching to superintendent.
- Research and monitor implementation of the technology plan.
Plan of Work:
- November /December 2016: Establish membership through a call for applications process.
- Nov 2016 – May 2017: Committee meets monthly or as needed.
- Following each meeting, minutes and committee materials will be published on the district website.
- Between meetings, members will communicate with and gather input from stakeholders to inform the process.
- Annually the committee will review, monitor and revise the technology plan status and report to the superintendent.
Planning Committee Members:
We are looking for:
- 2 staff members in the grades K-6
- 2 staff members in the grades 7-12
- 2 classified staff members K-12
- 12 students in grades 7-12
- 2 parent/community members
Director of Teaching and Learning
Technology Operations Manager
Board of Directors
Conference registrations and expenses, webinars, coverage for subs, teacher stipends, materials, etc.
Please contact Drew Simmons at (509) 996-9205