If you are interested in participating, please complete the Committee Application Form, found on the District Committees page, and submit online or to the District Office Wednesday, January 22 and Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Upcoming Meetings & Minutes
First meeting is Thursday, February 27, 2020, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
MVSD Budget Development Charter
Using the feedback gathered from stakeholder groups through the district’s Budget Development Process, the Budget Development Task Force will establish a strategic set of “Priorities for Progress” aligned to the district’s vision, beliefs, and outcomes.
Task Force: Advisory to the Superintendent to complete specific work within a designated timeline.
Basis for Establishment:
The Methow Valley School District aims to engage all stakeholder groups in a transparent and inclusive budget development process resulting in a balanced budget that reflects the vision, beliefs, and values (outcomes) of the community.
Work with the co-chairs to gather information from stakeholder groups and build agreement on the Task Force’s recommendation to the Superintendent.
Plan of Work:
- Publicize the Task Force’s open positions on Wednesday, January 22, 2020 with applications due to the District Office by Thursday, February 13, 2020.
- Meet three times or more, as needed, starting Thursday, February 27, 2020 to provide a recommendation to the Superintendent by Thursday, March 26, 2020.
- Superintendent finalizes decision and presents the school board with a resolution for consideration during the School Board meeting scheduled on Wednesday, June 24, 2020.
Meeting Times/Dates (Minutes will be posted above following meeting dates):
- Thursday, February 27, 2020, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 5, 2020, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 12, 2020, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Additional meetings as needed
Task Force Members:
The Task Force will consist of these regular members:
- Crosby Carpenter, Liberty Bell Jr-Sr High School Principal, Co-Chair
- Sara Mounsey, ILC Principal, Co-Chair
- Drew Simmons, Curriculum, Assessment, and Technology
- Anne Anderson, Director of Teaching and Learning
- Paul Gutzler, Methow Valley Elementary School Principal
- Bud Hover, Director of Operations and Capital Projects
- Michael Wilbur, Liberty Bell Activities Director
- Paul Brown, Computer/Network Services Manager
- Sherry Sloan, Business Manager
- Catie Barber, MVE Integration Media Specialist
- Open, Methow Valley Elementary Certificated Staff Members (2)
- Open, Liberty Bell Jr/Sr High Staff Members (2)
- Open, ILC Certificated Staff Member
- Open, MVEA Representative
- Open, MVSD Classified Staff Members (3)
- Open, PSE Representative
- Open, Liberty Bell Jr/Sr High School Student Representative
- Open, ILC Student Representative
- Open, Methow Valley Elementary School Student Representative
- Open, MVSD Parent Representatives (2)
- Open, MVSD Community Representative
The Task Force will include these ex-officio members:
- Tom Venable, Superintendent
- Gary Marchbank, School Board Chair
- Frank Kline, School Board Representative
Responsibilities of Committee Members:
- Regular meeting attendance.
- Communicate content of the meetings and gather input from school staff as requested by the Task Force.
- Respectful and collaborative interactions with committee members.
- Communicate the purpose of the task force to district staff and families.
- Task Force members serve as key communicators for the groups they represent.
- Post pertinent information such as task force minutes on the district website to keep families informed.
- Use district communication process to inform stakeholders of task force outcomes.