Upcoming Meeting Agenda & Minutes
This committee is currently meeting on an as-needed basis.
Liberty Bell Learning Environment Advisory Committee Charter
The purpose of this group is to:
- Solicit stakeholder input and make recommendations to district leaders about optimal use and organization of our existing facilities to maximize teaching and learning.
- Solicit stakeholder input and make recommendations for the replacement of flooring giving consideration to flooring, color, texture, and pattern.
- Solicit stakeholder input and make recommendations regarding the selection of furniture which promotes a cohesive learning and work environment.
- Consult with the District’s technology committee to ensure coordination of technology tools.
- Monitor and communicate the successful completion of the identified projects, under the direction of the Director of Operations and Capital Projects.
Advisory – Departments and programs often have advisory groups or panels of experts to make internal recommendations for improvements to their department or program.
Basis for Establishment:
In response to our aging facilities and bus fleet, the citizens residing within the Methow Valley School District attendance area recently (Spring, 2015) supported the successful passage of two levies – A Six-Year, 4.5 Million Dollar Capital Projects Levy and an 800 Thousand Dollar, Transportation Vehicle Fund Levy. The funding associated with Capital Projects – Facilities Improvement Levy includes a variety of projects, including the replacement of aging flooring and furniture throughout our schools. The District wishes to invite stakeholder participation in the process through the development of an advisory committee.
Responsibilities of Committee Members:
- Regular meeting attendance.
- Communicate content of the meetings and gather input from school staff as requested by the advisory committee.
- Respectful and collaborative interactions with committee members.
Under the direction of Bud Hover, Director of Operations and Capital Projects, the committee will gather and use information from various stakeholders groups to build agreement toward a final recommendation to the Superintendent.
Plan of Work:
- Publicize the Liberty Bell Learning Environment Advisory Committee’s open positions on Friday, November 4th, 2016 with applications due to the District Office no later than Friday, November 17, 2016.
- Meet four times or more, as needed, beginning with the first meeting scheduled to occur Thursday, December 1, 2016, from 3:30 – 5:00 pm in the Liberty Bell Library.
- Committee submits final recommendation to superintendent no later than Febrary 1, 2017.
- Superintendent communicates final plan to the school board.
- Director of Operations and Capital Projects works with Construction Services Group to initiate implementation of the plan.
The Liberty Bell Learning Environment Advisory Committee will consist of the following members:
- Bud Hover, Director of Operations and Capital Projects and Facilities, Liberty Bell Advisory Committee Co-Chair
- Deborah DeKalb, Liberty Bell Jr/Sr High School Principal, Co-Chair
- Drew Simmons, Curriculum, Assessment, and Technology Coordinator
- Anne Anderson, Director of Teaching and Learning
- Suz Garthwaite, Consultant -Construction Services Group
- Chase Rost, Liberty Bell Sports and Activities Director
- Open, Liberty Bell Jr/Sr High School Student Representative(s)
- Open, Liberty Bell Jr/Sr High School Staff Representative(s)
- Open, Liberty Bell Jr/Sr High School Parent/Community Representative(s)
Ex-officio members include:
- Tom Venable, Superintendent
- Open, Board Member(s)
Communicate the purpose of the advisory committee to district staff and families.
Committee members serve as key communicators for the groups they represent.
Post pertinent information such as task force minutes on the district website to keep families informed.
Use district communication process to inform stakeholders of advisory committee outcomes.
Please contact Director of Operations and Capital Projects, Bud Hover.