If you are interested in participating, please complete the Committee Application Form, found on the District Committee Charter page, and submit online or to the District Office by 4 p.m. Friday, February 8th.
Upcoming Meeting Agenda & Minutes
Search & Selection Committee Charter
Working within the district’s vision, the Methow Valley School District aspires to involve all interested stakeholders in a transparent and inclusive process, to identify and consider exceptional candidates for the Methow Valley Elementary principal position.
Basis for Establishment:
To ensure the facilitation of a transparent and inclusive process that results in the selection of Methow Valley Elementary’s next principal.
Release time, if needed and food for mid day meetings
- Family and community involvement plays a critical role in a student’s academic and social/emotional development.
- Learning begins at an early age and continues throughout one’s life.
- Students learn best using a balanced approach to teaching and learning.
- Every student is exceptional and capable of fulfilling their full potential.
- In the development of the whole child.
- Diversity makes our community stronger.
- We can’t do it alone. We can do it together!
Responsibilities of Committee Members:
- Serve as a key communicator and liaison to stakeholder groups.
- Be an active participant and learner, committed to attending all meetings.
- Actively solicit and provide input from stakeholders to guide committee’s work.
- Participate in cycle of research, analysis and recommendation.
- Identify a top candidate for the Methow Valley Elementary principal position and make a recommendation to the superintendent.
- Committee members gather research and feedback from stakeholders.
- Committee members facilitate interview process.
- Committee makes recommendations to the superintendent.
Plan of Work Timeline:
The District Search and Selection Committee will consist of the following members. Selected committee members may fill one or more roles throughout the process. MVE teacher leaders will be involved in the applicant screening process.
We are looking for:
- 2 Certificated Staff Members, Grades K-2
- 2 Certificated Staff Members, Grades 3-6
- 2 Classified Staff Members, K-12
- 1-2 Students, Grades 5-6
- 2 Parent Members
- 2 Community Members/Educational Partners
- Anne Andersen, Director of Teaching and Learning: IB curriculum and Instruction
- Drew: Simmons, Director of Teaching and Learning: Technology, CTE, and State/Federal Programs
- Tom Venable, Superintendent
- 1-2 Members of the Board of Directors