If you are interested in participating, please complete the Committee Application Form, found on the District Committees page, and submit online or to the District Office
Meeting Notes & Upcoming Meeting Agenda
2022 – 2023
Archive 2018 – 2020
FCE Survey Results
MVES Family and Community Engagement Committee Charter
- Establish MVES Family and Community Engagement Framework.
- Increase opportunities for continuous, two-way communication between the home and the school focused on increasing academic success and social-emotional well being of every student.
- Collaboratively design and promote the implementation of new tools and strategies (K-5 Report Card, Progress Report, Individualized Learning Plan, Student Portfolios, Take-Home Folders, Conferencing, etc.) aimed at increasing student and parent understandings of their child’s academic and social-emotional progress and performance and their next steps.
- Effectively communicate all aspects of the instructional program as it relates to the district’s vision of creating curious, creative, compassionate, competent, action-oriented citizens that graduate prepared to pursue a wide range of postsecondary options and identify opportunities for increased parent and community participation.
Advisory – Committee members will solicit input from a variety of stakeholders to create recommendations focused on strengthening the partnership between the schools and our parents and community members. Recommendations will be submitted to the superintendent.
Basis for Establishment:
A shared desire that exists between parents, community members, and school staff to establish a coherent framework that:
- Increases family and community engagement in the learning process.
- Increases opportunities for on-going, two-way communication between the home and the school.
- Utilizes tools and strategies (report cards, progress reports, portfolios, student exhibitions, etc.) that enable parents to better support their child’s academic and social-emotional learning and development as a responsible citizen.
Committee Member Responsibilities:
- Regular meeting attendance
- Respectful and collaborative approach toward others
- Solicit stakeholder input from members of the Technology, HCLP, IEP/504, Math, and Literacy committees, MVSD Teacher Leader Team, MVEA, and PSE.
Time & Location:
The next meeting is Thursday, March 2nd, 2023 from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. at MVE.
The District Calendar Committee will consist of the following members:
- Paul Gutzler, MVES Principal – Co-Chair
- Laurel Carlton, Family and Community Engagement Coordinator – Co-Chair
- Catie Barber, IT Integration Specialist
- Keri Moore, School Counselor
- Open – MVE Teacher Representative (Preschool)
- Open – MVE Teacher Representative (K – 3)
- Kelly Weist, MVE Teacher Representative (4 – 6)
- Open – MVE Para-educator Representative
- Anne Young, MVE Parent Representative
- Geva McAdow, MVE Parent Representative
- Open – Community Partner, Advisory
- Tom Venable, Superintendent
- Mary Anne Quigley, MVSD Board Member
Decision Making Process:
Make recommendation(s) to the MVSD superintendent for review and final approval.
- Provide substitutes for staff as needed.
- Submit related “Enhancement Requests” as part of the MVSD Budget Development Process.
If you have any questions about the work of the committee, process, or timelines, please contact Tom Venable, MVSD Superintendent at firstname.lastname@example.org or (509) 996-9205.