As the superintendent of the Methow Valley School District, I’d like to welcome you to the Methow Valley and our schools. The Methow Valley is a magical place filled with people that share a strong sense of place, a deep appreciation for its many qualities, and a community of people that care deeply for one another and it’s children.
Our schools are focused on developing “curious, creative, compassionate, competent, action-oriented citizens prepared to change the world.” Facilitating the development of students and graduates that resemble these qualities can’t be done alone. It requires a close partnership with our families and community. This is defined in part by our strong community-based partnerships with organizations such as the Public School Funding Alliance, Classroom in Bloom, Methow Arts, Room One, TwispWorks, Liberty Bell Boosters, Kiwanis, and the close relationships shared between students, parents and staff.
If you’d like more information about how you can support our schools, please contact us.
Superintendent, Methow Schools
As the superintendent of the Methow Valley School District, Tom Venable leads a dynamic and energetic staff focused on developing students who graduate with a wide range of options.
Prior to his appointment as the superintendent of the Methow Valley Schools, Tom served in a variety of leadership positions, some of which have included:
• Deputy Superintendent, Bellingham Public Schools – January, 2011 – July, 2013
• Elementary Principal, Bellingham Public Schools – July, 1999 – January, 2011
• Elementary School Teacher, Bellingham Public Schools – July, 1995 – July 1999
• Special Education Teacher, Baltimore City Public Schools – July, 1993 – July, 1995
• NCAA Division I Women’s Assistant Soccer Coach – July, 1992 – July, 1993
In addition to his role as superintendent, Tom enjoys spending time hiking, biking, and traveling with his wife, Annie, and his two children, Ingrid and Elliot.