Our goal as a district is to provide a rigorous, challenging education to all students.
At Methow Valley Elementary, gifted students have opportunities to move forward in their learning with extended opportunities such as writing for publication and individualized or small-group math activities. Competitive math teams such as “Math Is Cool” and “Math Counts” also provide higher levels of challenge.
At Liberty Bell High School, we offer advanced placement classes in US History, comparative government (Current World Problems) and English for juniors and seniors. For freshmen and sophomores, we offer an honors English program. Students may also advance to calculus in high school.
High School Honors Diploma
The Methow Valley Schools Honors Diploma was created to recognize sustained academic achievement by students who have consistently challenged themselves, and to encourage students to take full advantage of the rich offerings at Liberty Bell High School. Students interested in being valedictorian or salutatorian must earn an Honors Diploma.
In order to graduate with an honors diploma, students must:
- have a 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- complete an academic career that has been honorable and free of cheating and plagiarism.
- maintain a consistent attendance record free of excessive absences and tardies.
- successfully complete a total of 12 year-long classes from specified categories.
- submit completed Honors Diploma Candidate form by early May of their senior year.
If you have a student who requires higher level challenge at the high school and would like to discuss possibilities, please contact the Guidance Counselor, Mrs. Knob (formerly Ms. Faxon).